The reason for having a guest book is so that years after your wedding, you can look back and get all warm & fuzzy over all the lovely words left by your guests. However, with some people at tables, some at the bar and others on the dance-floor it is difficult to ensure that everyone makes their way to your guest book station. This lovely message in a bottle idea is great because by leaving one at each guest’s place setting, it will be difficult for them to forget to leave a message.
I really think this DIY tutorial is the sweetest yet! It was created by Amy Moss for Once Wed.
There are so many ways to custom-make this tutorial to fit your theme or decor, however, Amy does supply the templates for everything seen in the pictures. What you will need:
* Cheap small bottle (one for each guest)
* Large Jar (one for each table or one for central placement)
* Attractive pens for guest to write their messages
* Decorative twine or ribbon
* Colour printer for labels
* Double-sided tape
* Scissors for cutting out the hearts
* Rounded corner punch (optional)
* Notepaper (source your own or use Amy’s template)
* Cutting board, scalpel and ruler
Head over to Once Wed for the full tutorial.
Amy creates some of the most fun and fantastic DIY projects – her photography is just lovely too. You can see more of Amy’s work at her blog Eat, Drink, Chic.
Have a fantastic weekend!