As beautiful as floral centrepieces are, they can also be costly. Baby & bridal showers are generally a casual affair, which allows you more room to move when it comes to your centrepieces. These fun and edible centrepieces are affordable, unusual and super easy to make.
You will need:
– decorative paper, preferably with 2-sided printing
– white lollipop stick
– floral foam + 2 x floral picks (optional)
– flower-pot or ceramic vase
– sweets of your choice
– Individual flowers
– scissors, glue dots or hot glue gun
1. Make the paper flowers: Punch out circles for the tops and cut out simple leaf shapes. Glue both pieces to the lollipop stick to create the “flower”.
2. Print & trim out the “word labels”. Create the white border on the labels by leaving a little white space around the edge of the label when trimming it out. Free downloads in various colors for BABY/GIRL, BABY/BOY, and BRIDE/LOVE at the bottom of this post.
3. Fill the pot with floral foam, making sure the fit is snug. Fill 2 floral picks with water and add a flower to each of them. Insert them into the floral foam near the edge of the pot so that they kind of “spill out” of one side. Instead of floral picks you could just moisten the floral foam. This would only work with wrapped sweets as some coloured sweets may bleed.
4. Insert a paper flower into the foam, then hide the foam and floral picks with a layer of your candy.
5. Decorate the pot with ribbon or strands of beads. (You can then use the leftover to use as napkin rings, hanging decor, etc!)
Image credit: Jillian Bisinger; DIY tutorial courtesy of Hostess with the Mostess